Terms and Conditions of Use
Finances Demystified LLC (referred to as “Company,” “our,” “us” or “we”), provides the fiancesdemystified.com website and various related services (collectively referred to as the “Site”), as well as various products and offerings (collectively referred to as “Offerings”), subject to your participation and compliance with the following Terms and Conditions of Use (“Terms or the “Agreement”), as well as any other written agreement(s) between us and you.
YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD TO USE THE SITE, OR, IF YOU ARE BETWEEN THE AGES OF 13 AND 18, YOU MUST HAVE YOUR PARENT OR GUARDIAN’S PERMISSION TO USE THE SITE. BY USING OUR PLATFORM, YOU ARE TELLING US BY YOUR ACTIONS THAT YOU HAVE OBTAINED THAT PERMISSION (YOU ARE ‘REPRESENTING’ AND ‘WARRANTING’ THAT YOU HAVE OBTAINED THE APPROPRIATE PERMISSIONS TO USE OUR SITE). IF YOU ARE UNDER THE AGE OF 13 YOU MAY NOT USE OUR SITE IN ANY MANNER NOR MAY YOU REGISTER FOR AN ACCOUNT.
Offerings. We provide a number of Offerings for users on our Site, including but not limited to, investing courses and financial education, and other like information. Many of our Sites Offerings are subject to a fee, however, other Offerings on our Site may not be subject to a fee. Please be advised that such Offerings will specifically state if there is a fee or not.
No Guarantee. Although we work hard to provide quality Offerings, you understand and acknowledge that we cannot promise or guarantee specific results from using the Site or Offerings available on this site.
Temporary Interruptions. You understand and agree that temporary interruptions of the Site may occur as normal events that are out of our control. You also understand and agree that we have no control over the third-party networks or service(s) that we may use to provide you with Offerings. You agree that the Offerings available on this Site are provided “AS IS” and that we assume no responsibility for the timeliness, deletion, mis-delivery or failure to store any user communications or personalization settings.
2. Costs and Refund Policy.
- Fee. If you choose to purchase one or more of the Offerings provided on our Site, you agree to pay all fees associated with the Offerings. It is the general policy of the Company that all sales are considered final. (Please refer to subsection c for Refund Policy). Any purchases made for Offerings subject to an outside agreement will be subject to the terms of that agreement.
- Other Expenses. You will be responsible for any additional expenses that may be incurred as it relates to the implementation of recommended strategies, tools, or resources. This includes, but is not limited to, any fees associated with your particular choice of Offerings that our site provides.
- Refund Policy. Due to the multiple Offerings on our site please adhere to the specified refund policy regarding that particular Offering.
3. No Guarantee, Disclaimer, and Warranties.
While we operate to the best of our ability in any products purchased on our Site, we cannot guarantee that Offerings will yield or guarantee you any specific results. You agree to not hold us liable for any results as a participant for any Offerings on our Site. EXCEPT AS SPECIFICALLY SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT, THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THE OR ANY DELIVERABLES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
4. Company Intellectual Property.
Content. For purposes of these Terms, “content” is defined as any information, communications, software, published works, photos, video, graphics, music, sounds, copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets or other material that can be viewed by users on our Site and is owned by Company or its Affiliates.
Ownership of Content. By accepting these Terms, you agree that all content presented to you on this Site is protected by any and all intellectual property and/or other proprietary rights available within the United States, and is the sole property of Company or its Affiliates.
Limitations on Use of Content. Except for notes taken for personal use, you may not copy, reproduce, modify, republish, upload, post, transmit, or distribute any content from this Site in any form or any means whatsoever without prior written permission from us. Any unauthorized use of Site content violates our intellectual property interests and could result in criminal or civil penalties.
No warranty for Third-Party Infringement. Neither our Affiliates nor we warrant or represent that your use of materials displayed on, or obtained through, this Site will not infringe the rights of third parties.
No license. Company does not grant you nor any third party a license to use or sublicense the content on the Site for economic benefit.
5. Email Services & Data Stored on Our Servers.
Spam Prevention. We use automated tools or techniques to protect our users from mass unsolicited mailings (also known as “spam”) and/or other types of malicious or harmful content. However, such tools or techniques are not perfect, and we therefore are not responsible in cases where legitimate communications are accidentally blocked, or unsolicited communications get through to your Company supplied email account.
6. Privacy & Security.
Login Required. In order to access some of the Offerings on this site, or to post User Content, you may be asked to set up an account and password. Our account registration page requests certain personal information from you (“Registration Info”). You will have the ability to maintain and periodically update your Registration Info as you see fit. By registering, you agree that all information provided by you as Registration Info is true and accurate and that you will maintain and update this information as required in order to keep it current, complete and accurate.
Passwords & Security. If you register for an account on the Site, you agree that you are responsible for maintaining the security and confidentiality of your password, and that you are fully responsible for all activities or charges that are incurred under your account. Therefore, you must take reasonable steps to ensure that others do not gain access to your password and account.
7. Term and Termination.
These Terms are effective unless and until terminated by either you or us. You may terminate these Terms at any time by notifying us that you no longer wish to use our Offerings, or when you cease using our site.
If in our sole judgment you fail, or we suspect that you have failed, to comply with any provision of these Terms, we also may terminate this agreement at any time without notice and you will remain liable for all amounts due up to and including the date of termination; and/or accordingly may deny you access to our Offerings and services (or any part thereof).
No Right to Offerings Upon Termination. Upon termination and regardless of the reason(s) motivating such termination, your right to use the Offerings available on this Site will immediately cease. We shall not be liable to you or any third party for any claims for damages arising out of any termination or suspension or any other actions taken by us in connection therewith.
8. Changes to Terms.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to update, change or replace any part of these Terms by posting updates and changes to our website. It is your responsibility to check our website periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to our website or any Offerings procured using our website following the posting of any changes to these Terms constitutes acceptance of those changes. THESE TERMS ARE EFFECTIVE AS OF APRIL 5, 2022.
9. Miscellaneous Provisions.
- Governing Law. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Delaware without regard to conflict of law principles.
- Dispute Resolution. Any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of or related in any way to this Amendment or any services performed hereunder which cannot be amicably resolved by the parties shall be solely and finally settled by arbitration administered by the (American Bar Association) in accordance with its commercial arbitration rules. Judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitration shall take place before a panel of three (3) arbitrators sitting in New Castle County, Delaware. The language of the arbitration shall be English. The arbitrators will be bound to adjudicate all disputes in accordance with the laws of the State of Delaware. The decision of the arbitrators shall be in writing with written findings of fact and shall be final and binding on the parties. Each party shall bear its own costs relating to the arbitration proceedings irrespective of its outcome. This section provides the sole recourse for the settlement of any disputes arising out of, in connection with, or related to this Amendment.
- Representations and Warranties. Each party represents and warrants to the other party that it has the right to enter into this Agreement and fulfill its obligations without violating any other agreement entered into with any third-party. Each party further represents and warrants to the other party that to the best of its knowledge, any and all materials or information of any kind that it provides: (i) does not infringe upon any third-party rights of any kind, including without limitation, any intellectual property rights, unfair competition, or publicity or privacy rights; and (ii) is true and accurate in all respects.
- Assignments. The benefits and obligations of each of the parties under this Agreement may not be assigned without the written consent of the other party.
- Schedules and Exhibits. All Schedules and Exhibits to this Agreement, if any, are incorporated by reference into, and made a part of, this Agreement.
- Severability. In case any one or more of the provisions contained in this Agreement, for any reason, is held to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable in any respect, such invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability shall not affect any other provisions of this Agreement, and shall be construed as if such invalid, illegal, or unenforceable provision had never been contained in this Agreement.
- Interpretation. The fact of authorship by or at the request of a party must not affect the construction or interpretation of this Agreement.
- Modifications and Amendments. No modification or amendment of this Agreement or waiver of any provision of this Agreement will be valid unless in writing and signed by both Parties.
- Force Majeure. Neither Party will be liable to the other, or will be considered to be in breach of this Agreement, on account of any delay or failure to perform as a result of any acts of God, pandemics, acts of any political entity, or natural disasters, or any other causes or conditions that are beyond such party’s reasonable control. Should any such event occur, the affected party will give prompt written notice to the other party and will use commercially reasonable efforts to minimize the impact of the event.
- Notices. Any notice required to be given under this Agreement must be in writing and delivered to the other designated party by email or by mail to the party’s address by certified, registered or Express mail, or by Federal Express.
- Independent Contractors. The relationship between the Parties under this Agreement is that of independent contractors. No joint venture, franchise, partnership, employment agreement, or agency is created under this Agreement.
- Entire Agreement. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the Parties and supersedes any prior understanding or representation of any kind preceding the date of this Agreement. There are no other promises, conditions, understandings or other agreements, whether oral or written, relating to the subject matter of this Agreement. You certify and acknowledge that they have had the opportunity to read this Agreement, and that they have voluntarily entered into this Agreement fully aware of its terms and conditions.