How To Create Your Dream Digital Nomad Life – Kashlee Kucheran
To create your dream digital nomad life is to believe in ‘experiences over things’, but even experiences come with a cost.
With the material things you acquired over the years that you will have to leave behind, not to mention, the traveling expenses, how can someone really shift to a digital nomad life?
On this episode, we are with Kashlee Kucheran, a digital nomad, budgeting expert and serial entrepreneur. Kashlee left the corporate world of being a finance manager and Realtor in order to travel the world full time.
Kashlee talks about how she and her husband embrace minimalism in their lives to start a freedom based lifestyle.
- Kashlee’s Instagram
- Travel Off Path – Kashlee’s blog
- High Maintenance Minimalist – Kashlee’s book
- Take a hard look at your finances – how much are you paying every single month for your house, car, bills and your lifestyle.
- Start combing through your credit card bills, and you will notice so many extras like subscriptions and other expenses that you don’t really need in your life.
- Look around the house and identify things you don’t need anymore and begin to sell those items
- There’s a gold mine on everyone’s closet.
- Use Facebook marketplace to sell your staff. It works so quickly that people buy things within hours of posting
- If you get your cost of living down to next to nothing; and you go to countries where your currency is much higher values; and go to places that is very cheap to live you don’t need to make nearly as much as you make right now.
- Research what the true cost of living in the country you chose.
- Get a UPS box to have a proper street address for the mails.
- Sign up for e-Service to get your bills over the internet.
- Give yourself a general budget and try to stick to it.
- Pick countries that are on the cheaper end of things; and as your business grows and you get more comfortable and better in budgeting you can go to places that are a little more expensive.
- You can never have a (online) business that’s gonna make money immediately, it takes time.
- One thing that you can’t ever tarnish while being an entrepreneur is your integrity.
- Anyone can apply minimalism to their lives, just do more with less.
- High Maintenance Minimalist is great for someone who wants to declutter, for someone that needs help with creating a budget and also for someone who wants to be a digital nomad and travel.